Do you know that cast iron grill pan are not to be washed with soap? Yes, soap or any detergent damages its enameled surface. If not soap, then how to clean Le Creuset grill pan? We will tell you all the possible ways to clean your pan.
The Institute of Culinary Education claims to use the same cast iron grill pan for around 30 years. Can you imagine? 30 years! Doesn’t it seem like a piece of old wooden furniture that lasts for decades? Yes, with the right care and cleaning method your Le Creuset grill pan will last longer. That is why we have taken some time to pen down the right method of cleaning and taking care of your grill pan.
How to clean your Le Creuset Grill Pan?
The best and simple way to clean your Le Creuset grill pan is by using the plain water method. However, there are some stubborn residues that not go away with water only. For this, you must have to move on some advanced methods.
We have mentioned all the possible methods to clean your Le Creuset grill pan efficiently. Let’s have a look!
Wash it with water only:
If your grill pan contains large particles and not stubborn residues, use this simple method to clean your cast iron grill pan.
- Fill the pan quarter with water and put it on the stove.
- Let the water boil for a few minutes. After the appearance of bubbles, keep heating it for more than 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, you’ll see that the particles are detached from the pot and began to float over the surface of the water.
- Still, if you find some residue stick on the edges of the pot, use a spatula to scrape it.
- Now remove the pot from the stove and place it on the countertop. Let it cool down for a few minutes.
- After it has come to room temperature, throw the water and residue in the sink.
- Again fill the pan with water and place it on the stovetop. Let it boil and repeat the same procedure as above.
- Repeat it until the water is clear without any residue.
- Once you see clear water, rinse your pan with normal water and let it air dry. You might use a paper towel to dry it.
Clean it with the salt solution:
If your grill pan doesn’t get cleaned with water only, you might have to use this Kosher salt. It is a great alternative to strong abrasive cleaning solutions. Let’s see how to clean Le Creuset grill pan with the salt solution.
- Once you have done cooking in your Le Creuset grill pan, let it cool down for a few minutes.
- When the pan comes to room temperature, make a paste of salt and water and add it to the pan.
- Make sure to make a paste and not a watery solution.
- Scrub the pan with this salt solution to rub off the stuck residues. Use a sponge to scrub it.
- Rub hard on the ridges as it is the main part where residues are usually stuck.
- Finally, rinse the pan with hot water. And drain the water and residue solution.
Clean it with soap and water:
This method is the last to choose if the residue still remains from the above-mentioned methods. Professional chefs prohibit to use any abrasive cleaning solution or soap for cleaning a cast iron grill.
There are two possible reasons for this prohibition. Taste and enamel surface. Yes, using this method will make you lose the taste you’ve to build up for ages in your cast iron grill pan. Also, it can break down or scratch the enamel surface of the pan.
Let’s see how to clean Le Creuset grill pan with soap and water.
- Fill the pan with a non-abrasive detergent or soap. Dilute it by adding hot water. Leave it for two minutes.
- Now scrub the pan with a plastic sponge scourer. Do not use a metal sponge.
- Scrub on the sides and ridges. Then rinse it with hot water.
- Repeat the same procedure once more and then drain any remaining residue or water.
- Dry the pan with a paper towel.
Clean it in a dishwasher:
All Le Creuset grill pans are dishwasher safe. So you can throw it in your dishwasher without hesitating. Make sure not to add any abrasive cleaning solution or soap. Moreover, read your instructions manual to confirm that your pan is dishwasher safe or not.
Helpful hints to take care of your grill pan:
To get the best results from your Le Creuset grill pan, you must have to take care of the cookware. Here are some steps that you must follow while using a cast iron grill pan.
- The first thing is to keep your pan closer to the heat source. For this, choose the base size of your pan according to the size of the heat source.
- Avoid overheating the pan by choosing low to medium heat. For best results, preheat the pan on low heat for at least 2 minutes.
- Never soak the pan in water to avoid rushing.
- Avoid scratching the enamel by using steel utensils to flip the meal placed inside the pan. Instead, use a wooden or plastic spatula.
- Carefully hold the pan, it might break or chip if it drops.
- Let the pan cool before throwing it into the sink. Otherwise warping may occur.
- Do not leave your pans to air dry or drain after washing. Dry them with a paper towel.
- Do not use metal sponge scourers to remove sticky residues. Instead, use plastic sponge scourers.
- If your cast iron contains a lid, do not store it for days with the lid on. If so, air will trap between the lid and cookware. This air will cause moisture that ultimately results in rusting.
- Always make sure to wipe away the extra oil whenever you season the grill pan to avoid sticky coating.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you use a Le Creuset grill pan?
Rinse your pan with water and then dry it with a paper towel. Then place it on the stovetop and turn the heat on. Preheat your pan for two to five minutes before placing the food. Make sure to cut your food into thin slices. Brush the oil on the food instead of brushing it on the pan. This will save you from sticking food to the pan. Use a high smoke point oil like peanut oil or canola oil. Another pro tip is to place the food to perpendicular to the ridges. You’ll get perfect grill marks on your smoked chicken.
Do I need to season Le Creuset grill pan?
No, it is clearly mentioned in the instructions that Le Creuset grill pan doesn’t need seasoning like other standard grill pans. But you can still season it with high smoke point oils like canola and peanut oil. Seasoning your grill pan will improve the taste of the food. Also, it will protect your food from sticking to the surface.
Can you use cooking spray on Le Creuset?
Yes, you can use cooking spray on Le Creuset. There’s no harm of using cooking spray on your cast iron grill pan. Just make sure to use Canola oil, avocado oil, or peanut oil. Avoid using low smoke point oil like olive oil.
We hope that with this, you’ve got to know how to clean your Le Creuset grill pan. We have tried our best to provide all related information to you. Still, if you some queries. Ask us in the comment section or email us.