Do you notice some white buildups in the water reservoir of your hot water dispenser? Wonder what it is? Okay, let me tell you. The white substance you see in the water tank is known as limescale.
Now you might be thinking from where this chalky deposit comes from. It is the calcium carbonate that builds up in the reservoir if not cleaned for a long time. The U.S. Department of Energy recommends cleaning your water dispensers every six weeks.
But how to clean instant hot water dispenser? Here is a complete guide for everything you need to know about cleaning instant hot water dispenser.
How to Clean Instant Hot Water Dispenser [ Step by Step Guide]
Clean the exterior:
The first thing you have to do is clean the exterior. Obviously, you don’t want a messy piece placed in your kitchen. To maintain the modern sleek design of your dispenser, you should clean it regularly.
There may be some dust which you need to clear off. So here’s what you need to do for cleaning the exterior.
- Unplug the unit.
- Take a paper towel or cotton cloth and dampen it by spraying some water.
- Wipe the exterior of your instant hot water dispenser with it.
- If there are some particular dirty areas, use a cleaning solution for it. Damp the paper towel with the cleaning solution and rub hard on the messy areas.
- Now wipe it again with clean water.
- Dry the exterior by rubbing a dry paper towel on it. It will absorb the moisture.
- If the exterior is of stainless steel, then apply some stainless steel polish to maintain its modern appearance.
Clean the Interior:
The major step is cleaning the main unit because this is from where you’re using water. It’s going inside you! How can we allow dirt to go inside us? Or there may be some bacteria growing inside the interior. What if that bacteria goes inside you and infect you? No, you can’t afford this. So here is what to do for cleaning the interior.
- Pour some hot water in the water reservoir.
- Now add a cleaning solution in the water reservoir. Check the instructions manual, the manufacturer must have recommended some descaling solution. If not, use the vinegar method.
- Whatever cleaning solution you are using, pour the amount mentioned in the instructions manual. For vinegar, add 1 cup hot water and 1 cup vinegar.
- Stir it to mix the hot water and cleaning solution.
- Place a cup on the drip tray and drain the water. Drain it until the water is completely removed.
- Now open the lid. If any water remains, remove it.
- Fill it with plain water and drain it.
- Repeat the 7 steps again and again until you see crystal clear water.
- Don’t forget to wash the drip tray thoroughly.
- Your hot water dispenser is ready to be used as the norm!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I clean my Insinkerator hot water dispenser?
You can clean Insinkerator hot water dispenser using the same method prescribed above. Clean the exterior and then clean the interior by vinegar method. Insinkerator dispenser comes with an aerator. You have to unscrew that aerator to clean or replace it.
2. How often should I clean my hot water dispenser?
Some people recommend to clean it after every use but that will make a hectic routine. We advise you to clean it after 3-6 months. However, cleaning your hot water dispenser depends on some factors. The first factor is you should clean it on the basis of how often you use it. If you use the dispenser on a regular basis, make sure to clean it once a month. If you use the dispenser on events, clean it after every three months.
Cleaning is as important for the kitchen gadgets as yourself. Will you drink contaminated water? Then clean your instant hot water dispenser regularly by using this method. Now the question of how to clean instant hot water dispenser should have gone. We hope with this blog, you have known everything about cleaning your hot water dispenser.